"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!!!


Hello all, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  If you had off I hope you enjoyed your day! If you worked I am sorry but hope your company did something fun for you.  I hope everyone remembers why this day is so important and that even tough we tend to live in the “now” we have to remember the “then”.  It was a great day for this single dad.  I stopped over and picked up Quinn around 10:00.  I got out and she was walking with her mom so greeted them and we dropped off her stuff.  This age for Quinn is difficult for me because she asked me to come see her toys and I did to keep everyone happy.  It’s not easy having to go in your old back yard.  I don’t look around to much for I don’t care what upgrades her mom has done or added.  Quinn doesn’t realize it’s hard for me to be there but I play with her to ease coming back to our place.  I saw some of her toys and we then walked back to the front where we finally got moving.  It was almost 10:30 now and we got on the road.  I guess it’s hard because when I drop her off it takes 10 seconds, but when I want to get her it takes for ever.  Just one of those things single dads’s have to deal with. 

We got on the road and went home to relax before out big day.  It was getting hot out fast so we stayed in the first few hours and just relaxed. That afternoon we went over to Hughey’s place where he was and his mom and step dad.  We got to go swimming!  Quinn didn’t stay in the pool as long but she did get in to cool off.  She had fun playing with one of the neighbor’s kids who I know from church.  After we went swimming we hung out and played with some toys and just got ready for dinner!  We had a nice chicken and vegetable dish and some ice cream Sundays for dessert!   Quinn then danced around as we cleaned up and we played with her before it was time to go.

After we got home we hung out for a little then it was off to bed.  I relaxed and just watched some TV as Hughey stopped over and gave me some company.  The day was a hit and the heat didn’t get us!  Friday is suppose to be even hotter!  I’m not looking forward to it.  At least I get to work and work has A/C so that’s a plus!  I have to admit it was a nice day to have off and just relax.  I can’t believe it’s almost half way over the summer!  July will be gone before we know it.  The time just goes by I still can’t believe it.  Over the next several months I have some fun things planned for us.  I don’t have any big vacations planned as of yet only because she is still very little so I’m waiting and saving for that.  I got to have Quinn over night because it was Wednesday and that was cool.  Over all it was a great day and unfortunally the next 4th of  July I have her probably won’t be on my day which is sad because then I only get her from 10-6. As what the agreement says.  Guess I should have looked it over better…  I just wait my time, because my time will come…  

Always Remember,
You are never alone…

Love,
Christopher
Enjoy the pics!


Uncle Hughey!

We had a Dance Party with Mr. and Mrs. Ward!

The girls love to dance!


           

No comments:

Post a Comment