"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Winter Blues

    This weekend we got hit with the winter blues...  I picked up Quinn on Friday and she wasn't feeling well.   She had a hard time going.  It was a learning and difficult time being a single parent and seeing your child not want to go.   I know I don't see her as much as I want to so sometimes as a single Dad I just feel my daughter doesn't want to go.  After we get moving and home she opens right up.  As a single parent we have lots of obstacles to overcome but one of the hardest is just not seeing our children as much as we did.  We go from spending time with them daily to just a few times a month.  Even after over a year after since I've moved out it still to this day it is still so hard to sometimes think about.    

    We had our HFM night setup. Hughey came over and we had dinner.  The typical Friday night spending with Quinn and friends has been so helpful.  Saturday we got up and spent the day inside.  The weather is still cold and there isn't any snow on the ground so its just one of those difficult times of the year.  We did some Daddy Daughter bonding and hung out.  Aunt Ro and Hughey stopped over. We had some dinner and watched Toy Story 3.  It was a long time since we saw my aunt.  We played some games like memory and did some coloring.

    The game was so fun!  See pics below.  You color the pictures then point to the top area up top where there are icons.  Each icon is set to the paper.  Then after the picture is all colored and each spot on the picture has been linked to the sounds you hit the play button on the game and it plays back all the sounds in order telling a story.  Its really amazing and fun.  She was a little young for it but we had fun.

    Later that night her cough started up again. :(  Poor munch had a cough all night.  She was so good.  When she's in bed she looks up at me and goes "I will stay in bed daddy, I won't get up".  I just say baby its okay don't worry...  When i put her to bed i try to get her to stay in bed because she comes into mine which is okay but I'm also trying to get her used to her bed as well.  It's a tough to think about because again not seeing her as much makes, well I guess I don't mind if she jumps in.  She's just so damn cute.

    Sunday we just hung out again.  She was up all night with her cough and I wanted to keep her resting.  Kids feel better the next time but they don't realize their bodies are still not fully over it.  We had a good breakfast and lunch and went outside for a walk around the block.  I wanted to get her out because she kept asking so we took a walk and got some fresh air.

    We then watched a movie and played with her toys!  We made a small party with her stuffed animals.  Its very interesting to see how well she plays as I'm watching or I may have the TV or music going.  We played together and then cleaned up.

    The weekend was amazing.  I can't wait to see her Wed.  I just can't believe how fast it goes.  My hear sinks on Sunday's sometimes when I write post because I know it will be a couple days before i see her again.  My Aunt told me when my brother and I were younger we would visit and go crazy and run around and they would go ohh my god when are they going... haha  But she said when we left my grandma would say how quiet it is and how much she missed us.  I feel that so many times.  Even though she runs around and gets so excited and when I bring her home I sit down and rest lol.

    But in the end I sit here lonely missing her run around and just sit with me and hug me.  I look towards things like family and blogging...  For my single friends and fellow bloggers I encourage you all to keep the faith and push forward.  Spend as much time with your kid(s)  as you can.  When you do have them spend every second of your time just having fun and showing them you love them because when you have to bring them home the quiet space is all you have...

Always remember...
You are never alone...
I love you,
Chris

PS.. I have no idea but my comments link is gone so... Not sure why or how but i will work on getting it back up so you all can post again.  Sorry!
I will inform IT!!!


HFM!


Saturday we did some movie watching

Rested up and just chilled.

Hughey and Aunt Ro stopped over

Hughey was my Tech Guy

This was the coloring game!

We played memory

Where are those two?




Sunday we did some coloring

Played with our toyes


Here's my girl...



No comments:

Post a Comment