"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Happy Birthday Oma!

     This past Sunday was my Mom's birthday so over the weekend we all hung out!  I haven't posted per I honestly wanted to just relax and enjoy the weekend and get to posting later.  I found taking the time to enjoy life in the moment is better than having to update the world on every little thing as it happens...

     Saturday we went over and just hung out, Quinn played some games with her Oma and we started cooking dinner.  The day was nice and for once it wasn't to hot out.  Quinn was excited to go, she loves birthday parties!  We haven't been over to my parents in a little while so it was nice to stop over as well to hang out and just relax.  We finished getting dinner set and all sat down for a nice meal and talk.  Typical birthday stuff right?  So after we did some cake and presents and Quinn and Oma picked some flowers.

     My parents see Quinn as much as we can per the divorce but it does get difficult at times because kids that have separated parents have to go back and fourth so times can get thin.  I know the frustration it sometimes causes and do my best to just keep reminding everyone its the time we have with her that counts.  Quinn loves all of us and that's all that matters.  The ground is solid and there is nothing to worry about if you have the concrete foundation.  You just have to enjoy your time and be there.

     My parents love Quinn and are always excited to see her.  My Mom has been a big part of my life and now with my own child I want her to be there to see Quinn grow up.  Being a single dad for a while and having Quinn between homes has been difficult but she also got used to it and is doing much better.  In the end things are good and we just do our best.  That's all we can do.

     Happy Birthday Mom!
Quinn and Oma's flowers!

Just hanging out!

Presents!



Happy Birthday Oma!


Always Remember,
You are Never Alone...

Love,
Christopher 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment