"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dear 2011... It was fun... But it's time to go...




Dear 2011... I have met someone else... It's 2012...

I have to admit of my 30 years on this planet this one was my hardest...  Even though the divorce started in 2009, 2011 was my most difficult with living alone for my first full year and just getting settled.  My blog was in full swing and I was learning and making new friends but with signing the separation papers, then the final divorce papers and learning how to deal with being alone and finally realizing its over put me in a sate of sadness and I often found my self alone with my thoughts wondering why…

The end of summer brought the divorce papers to be signed and I realized it was fully over.  I was divorced and as a child it was something I swore I would never be.  This year was emotionally, physically, and spiritually hard.  But they say, “The Darkest Hour is Just Before the Dawn”.  Toward the end of the year I realized my Blog was starting to take off and get more views and I have met such amazing people.  But I have some news that made me smile.  I had a complete stranger tell me my Blog helped them.  A single dad reached out because I helped him.  That is all I ever wanted.  To help others and reach out to others was all I ever wanted. 

I started working out and do feel so much better and look better too.  Running and lifting has made me feel better and made me focus.  I’m still working both Jobs but it’s going….

But most important is I bonded with my daughter.  Quinn is doing so well.  We went on many adventures and saw so much over the past year.  Our bond is so strong and I just love being a dad.  At the end of the day I realized yes this was a hard year… But the bond I made still outweighs the difficult ones.  

I am excited about the New Year.  I have grown so much as a Father and this year I have a lot of things planned…  I hope you are all here to see it… 

Stick around; it’s going to be a great year…

And always remember, you’re never alone…

Love
Christopher


1 comment:

  1. Happy New year Chris! the best of the lucks this new year 2012

    ReplyDelete