"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The weekend was just to short...

            I should start this blog by saying every weekend is to short.  Some days are good some are bad I guess.  I guess this weekend was just a difficult because it went so fast.  I picked up Quinn on Friday and we had our classic HFM! Hughey, Kevman, Quinn and I went our for a Fish Fry and had a blast.  After Hughey came over and we watched a movie and just hung out. 

            Saturday Quinn and I got up and had some breakfast.  My parents came over and we had to do some work on the bathroom.  Quinn and I hung out that day and just took it easy.  The winter has been up and down here.  We usually get a lot of snow but this year it has been cold, the warm, then cold and we didn’t get really any snow.  So the weekend was cold and wet so its hard to go out.  We stayed in and made a fort and were creative!  We did some coloring and reading and just overall chilling.

            Some weekends you just have to relax and keep it simple.  Doing things like building forts and coloring sparks creativity.  We did some hello kitty coloring as well as some TV watching.  Sunday we got up and went to church.  We haven’t been in a while and were due!  After we went home to relax.  We took a nap on the couch and just watched TV as she slept.  It is always one of my favorite things to just see my little girl just resting in my arms.  She slept there a few hours as I just rested and enjoyed my daughter. 

            When she woke up we headed out to a spaghetti dinner.  Every year my old boy scout troop.  Quinn loved it!  She loves pasta we got to see family and old friends.  Its really good to see the young kids because it reminds me I was that age running around once.  Lol I can’t believe how old I got! Well I guess it happens right. 

            Sunday Quinn told me she wanted to say, she didn’t want to go back yet.  It was really one of the first or second time she said that.  I think now at her age she is starting to realize what is happening.  I know she is still young but she is very smart and understands she has two homes.  I was touched and almost started to cry.  The whole weekend I have been working on Quinn to stay in her bed, she has been trying sleep in my room and I typically tell her to start in her room. 

            I can’t imagine how hard it is to have two beds in two different houses.  I know she is younger and they say it is easier to adapt but it can’t be easy.  When I go up to bed and hear her whimpering or if she wakes up and is crying my heart just melts.  I call out to her and ask if she wants to sleep next to Daddy and she goes yea.  She then comes in with her bunny and jumps in bed and she is so cute.  Her mood changes and she just is so happy to hang with her Daddy.  I know it’s a faze and one day she will come home and be like “hey dad” then go to he room so I take advantage of how much she wants to hang with me now…   I dropped her off and sat in the back seat like I always do and talked to her.  I asked if she had a good time and she said yes!  And I got sad and she held me.  I started to cry because I just can’t believe how fast the weekend went and I see her Wednesday then another week.  So I just can’t believe I got to start over on my week off with out her.  I also have to work both jobs a lot this week and just don’t wont to start it I guess… 
            I just push on.  I’ve been working on getting my pics back on my blog I lost and am getting close to being set.  I’m also working on the new updated blog and getting that setup with all the new info and settings I want.  I am excited but it will be some time before it is set.  I will start the new week and just push through.  Nothing we can do but move forward…

I hope everyone is doing well!  To my fellow bloggers I hope your are all well and I can’t wait to catch up!

Love you all
Christopher

Lets make a fort!



Oma and Popi

Time for lunch. PB&J and chips she loved it.  Who doesn't, its classic.

We colored and looked at stickers.


Hello Kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment