"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday's Tip: Phone time

     This past weekend was my birthday and even though I plan on posting about that I wanted to talk about how important it is as single parents to talk to our kids even if its just phone time.  It was nice Quinn's Mom called me and put Quinn on and she wish me Happy Birthday.  It was cute but what was nice was the fact that we just had time to talk.  We talked about her day and what she did.  She was so cute and excited to talk to me.  Her communication is awesome I can't believe how she just picks right up and talks about her day and how she can't wait to see me and go out.

     She was so cute she asked what we were doing for dinner.  As for single parents I would encourage you to talk to your children on the phone when you can't see them.  They will feel you are excited to see them and you can talk about what you are doing the next time you have them!  I know getting phone time can be difficult with working and getting time may not be easy but in the end it will pay off.  As Quinn gets older I can't wait to be able to call her more and just ask about her day.  I can't wait to see what she has been doing in school and just tell her how much fun we are going to have on our next visit.

     Communication is very critical, as they grow older your kids are going to be involved with friends, school, sports and other things that will keep them busy.  If you call them and raise them to just always know that a quick conversation can make all the difference then they will love to keep in touch.  I love calling my family and friends.  Even with the past few being as busy as they have been I have always made time to check in with family.  It can get hard with work and just wanting to relax.  Sometimes I have to catch up on my nights off which can be hard.

     So try to take the time when your children get older to check in and just let them know you are thinking about them

No comments:

Post a Comment