"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: How to keep busy on a quiet spring break...

     This past week Quinn's mom took her to Florida to see family and to just have a nice vacation.  Easter was the last time we hung out before this coming Wednesday.  So to pass the time I worked out and cleaned the house, I even took out some video games.  The past week went by fast and Quinn and her mom called to say hi a few times!  She was doing great and told me she had such a busy week!  Before when the divorce started I went through times where the house was quiet and I didn't know how to handle the fact that I didn't see Quinn.

     Now with a few years of learning to deal with not always seeing her this week wasn't that bad.  I took some time to relax and just get things done around the house on my down time.  Work went well and on the days I would have had Quinn I worked out and just did things to keep my mind busy.  I learned over the past few years that we can't let things beyond our control run our life.  There is nothing I can do but enjoy the her happiness and that she is having fun and seeing family so I am happy.  When she comes home I can't wait to talk to her about her adventures!  A few years ago I probably would have gotten upset and nervous but now as time has went by I have learned to just enjoy her and learn how to live around what comes...

     I would say when times like this happen keep busy!  Visit friends, exercise, go out and see a movie. Don't get upset that you may not see your child a little more than usual.  Always remember make the time you have with your child valuable!  Love them, and show them you love them, the rest will just fall into place...

Always remember,
You are never alone....

Love,
Christohper

No comments:

Post a Comment