"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm just trying to help...

Well tonight I was going to post about Labor Day but I logged in and saw a new comment from My Last Post. The past few weeks have been difficult because Quinn hasn't been wanting to come with me for our visits.  Well I told everyone I post about 3 things, my adventures with Quinn, being a single dad, and well just general topics...  

     So I did get this comment...  


  1. Just keep in mind that this is a one sided story and is not told how things actually happened. You don't know who this guy really is and what has happened in the past or what's "really" going on right now. You are adding fuel to the fire. I'm done reading this blog because it's such BS. I know who this guy really is and he tries to paint a very different picture here.




  2.      To this Anonymous person I say thank you first for at least putting a comment down.  I am not upset, hey everyone has a right to say something.  I am sorry you didn't at least put a first, or even fake name so I can say Dear...   So I post this following to them...
  3. Dear Anonymous after I got through your comment I was upset.  I work really hard as a single Dad and yes you are correct this blog is one sided.  You know why it is?  Because my ex is not here writing it!!  (Duh...)  Well every single blog or story is one sided!  Unless both sides are there...  (basic writing 101) Well anyways, I' m actually not upset...  Honestly my readers don't know exactly what happened, or happens but I will say to my readers and the people in my life If they want to keep reading they can.  I don't post every single thing of my life, why would I? Do you?  I try to put each event to what went on, I do not lie or make it in my favor.  If I am wrong or do something wrong or bad I post it.  But what I write is not fuel to any fire, I respect my Ex very very much, she is a very good mother and we get along just fine.  I have never said anything on my blog bad or mean about her I never will.  The last few post were not bad, my daughter didn't want to come and we had to get through it.  Here is the story, my daughter is just about 4.  I am her Dad and parents just sometimes know best.  I will not come to ger her and have a 4 year old tell me, what to do! Ha...No...  Sometimes you just pick up the kid, put them in the car and move on.  I said in my post she was fine when we got home.  That's because she just doesn't realize going with me is fun and she should.  Dads are good people!  I love mine with all my heart.  As far as my ex and I, do we still argue?  Yes, sometimes we disagree... Who doesn't, but she is very good to our daughter and I love that.  We also talk and try to just get our feeling down and see what each is thinking and it works.  We talk, and sometimes catch up, and even went out to see Quinn dance! (this is post soon to come)  Is this blog BS?  IDK?  Maybe... maybe to you, but you said you know who I am, so maybe next time why don't you put your name and tell everyone your story...
  4. So if you want to stop reading, I could care less.  I don't get any money or anything.  I don't answer to you, and you are not a client.  I don't know who you are or you're story, but I would meet you, and listen...       
  5. To my readers I say thank you for still reading and for all your comments, if they are nice or maybe not its all good.   I do want to say this.  I am a single Dad, in this world it is very very very hard.  I married for love and wanted the family and all.  It didn't work out, okay I get it.  I moved on and had to start over, get a new place and start with little to nothing.  Are other Dads and even Moms feel this? Maybe, Yes I used to feel mad, I put a lot of work, money, sweat and blood in that home and I had to go.  So Yes it is hard.  Getting back however most single Dads are on the side where they have to visit their kids.  For everyone reading this, if you didn't know or not now.  I work 2 jobs and spend what little time alone cleaning and catching up on stuff.  I have Quinn about 10-11 days a month, A MONTH...  Then if there is a holiday or something more but 10-11 days a month...  On some of those days i have her for only a few hours.  So, if you have kids, I want you to sit down and think about only seeing them 10-11 days a month, and some of those days for only 12 -14 hours, and 8-9 of those are sleeping hours.  Some single Dads have their kids, less or more but it is about the same.  I do want to say however I have a lot of single Moms and Dads that I talk to and blog with so I am honestly happy.    
  6. As you can see yes the frustration can build.  What I post about and what I just posted about was not bad, or mean.  Again, I very much respect my ex.  Remember she is the mother of my child, and when we argue she knows I get sad or upset or defensive because I LOVE BEING A DAD!  She knows I miss her and she sees how Quinn loves to see me.  She does over sometimes to let me have her more and honestly, we get along...  
  7. I have seen many single parent blogs, and follow many as well, we all post the same stuff, yes they are one sided but what do you want us to do, ask our ex's to come type a post?  But being a single parent is not easy I would like to think and hope that everyone tries to get alone at least for the kids.  But I will keep posting, and the blog will only grow and get bigger and better.  Like I said before I started this blog for pretty much 2 reasons, one to shows my adventures and keep a little scrapbook/journal.  Also to just at least help one person.  Now I don't exactly know where in my blog, I looked a little but I did find many many nice comments, but one single dad wrote me once that my blog reached him and that he really enjoyed and learned some things from it.  That was my goal, I reached one person and then I reached more so I thank you for your comment but I am sorry to say I will not slow me down nor my readers...
  8. So if you just finished reading this post do me a favor... Post if you think I should keep writing, or if this blog is BS, one sided and to stop....  Please do not post anything to the person that wrote the comment in a mean fashion, they have a write to say what the said.... 

  9. I always ask my readers If the Juice is Worth the Squeeze.  After everything I have been through, I still say Yes...
  10. Like I said, I'm just trying to help...
  11. Remember people have a right to comment, read it, learn adjust, and move on...
  12. Always remember, You are never alone..
  13. Love,
  14. Christopher



So, what do you think?
Please post...  Name or not, it doesn't matter...
   

4 comments:

  1. Chris,
    No readers ever know the whole story of what is behind someone's writing. You are right that we all write from our individual perspectives, and we filter all of our life experiences through those perspectives...and there's no way that can't color how we see things and how we tell our stories...that's OK. If you enjoy writing your blog, then keep it up. It's not a question for readers to answer....it's one for you to answer. To the person who wrote the nasty post, I would say just one thing - you have a right to your opinions and your feelings, but next time please have the courage to identify yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra,
      Thanks for you post, being a single parent is hard enough so getting people to say your words are BS just makes it that much harder. I don't mind any kind of comment but sometimes people just like to be negative... You have always been such a kind person for never meeting me.
      I enjoy your writing as you do mine.
      Thank you
      Chris

      Delete
  2. I am not 'thee' Anonymous but you have not shown me how to sign in with my name..........this is Aunt Ro.

    Life is not easy but as Kendra said (and she is the professional author and authority) Do what makes you happy! When you are happy the folks around you are also.

    I was surprised to read your comments on the pick up situation as you always are very positive about your X.
    But since true friends and family are your readers it is wonderful to share. (why is this person reading your blog anyway???)

    No voting on this........I enjoy your blog. Your blog about Jimmy and the gang coming home was great. I loved the Klondike event with your dad, mom and brother. And the list goes on. And then of course to see our "Little Lady" episodes with dad and friends is always wonderful.

    Love you bushels, AUNT RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Ro, one of my longest readers... I do enjoy the work and I didn't post this for people to stir the pot, but thank you for kind words. I hope one day my little one will look this over and see our adventure...
      Love
      Chris

      Delete