"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Why we keep fighting...

     Sometimes I wonder why we keep fighting.  Not in the sense you might think, fighting with words or fist but fighting the fight that is.  Like little guy, underdog or the one you think just doesn't have a chance.  I came across the following movie yesterday on TV and the clip below you will see.  I thought about it and even though a fight scene it is we fight, we persist, we as humans never give up.

     As a single Dad I never give up, I never will.  A battle of just trying to see my daughter that has so many times felt like it ended in nothing but No's as answers.  Over the past three years I've made some progress mainly the fact that we don't argue, but a lot of that is due to us just not talking.  However there were times I just sat down and honestly felt I lost, felt I didn't read the decree and now the times are set.  I just thought I was going to see her as little as possible and when it came to watching her grow up I had to do it around the rules that were said.  I thought and thought about what I could do and honestly I just one day said its better to pick your battles.  So now I let the small stuff go and know when Quinn gets older she will see for her self.  I'll always be honest with her and when the time comes and she is ready answer any questions she may have.

     All the hard times and being alone with questions still melt away when I hug my little girl.  When she smiles and tells me she loves me.  This is why I fight, this I why I'll never give up.  That little girl is counting on her Dad to be there and not break, be strong and show her how to grow up and become a life loving woman.  When the days go by and I finally see her that hug melts all the anger away it brings me to a place that just makes even the hardest work week disappear.  So when you ask why I fight, this is why...

     However I still continue to fight, to show I am here and will be apart of her life.  What ever your situation you must keep fighting, fight for you child for your rights to be a parent and never give up...  So when you feel all hope is lost fight and keep fighting...

Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christoher

No comments:

Post a Comment