"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Spending a weekend away from you kids.

     This past weekend we spent a lot of time with friends and family!  When I was starting off as a single Dad I used to wonder how I would ever make it on the weekends without Quinn.  As time moves on you find things to do including relaxing.  So this past weekend Kayla went bowling with some friends on Friday!  I haven't bowled in such a long time and it was so nice getting out there again.

    There is a deal late at night where you can bowl all you want from about 10-2 for $13 but have to rent shoes too.  We played about 5 games with the four of us.  It was just so much fun and it was nice catching up with some friends we haven't seen in a while.  I won't lie I did pretty well and had a lot of fun too.

    The next night we had some other friends over, one of my best friends and oldest ones, Paul.  I talk about my best friends Paul and Jim a lot.  Paul lives here and Jim is in CT.  Paul and Jim and there two wives are very close with Kayla and I.  So Paul, his wife Amanda, Paul's parents and my parents came over because Amanda we found is pregnant!  We were so excite to hear so we had a nice dinner for them last night!  I made chicken parm with pasta and we had dessert and apps and all that!  The chicken came out amazing I will admit and we had so much fun just hanging out playing games and talking into the night.

     So the reason I titled this post like this was because since I started without Quinn I feel I have come so far.  Last night like many now without Quinn was nice, we talked about her and of course I miss her but being around family and friends helps and over the years.  So my advise to all my single parents, keep busy!  When you have a weekend without your child keep busy, seek out time with family and friends.  If you don't keep busy you will find yourself just wondering what your child is doing or just being lonely.  Take the time to do things and stay busy!  The past few years I have moved on a lot as a single parent.  Now married again and keeping busy with new adventures I feel if I didn't do anything it would just be a waste of time.  Time you can't get back, so my advise for those who are single parents or moving a child between homes enjoy your life and don't let a weekend without your child sadden you.   They want you to be happy too...

I hope everyone had a great weekend...

Always remember,
You are Never Alone...


Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment