"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday

     Today is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent.  As we start this holy period leading up to Easter I think of not only Spring and starting over but how much has been given to us.  I hope everyone today realized no matter what religion that there has been so much given to us.  Think about your life and what is it in.  I think about the month to come and what it will bring.

     I don't like to get to much into religion on the blog but I will say tonight I do have Quinn and we will get our ashes.  Ash Wednesday is a service I love.  It reminds us that we came from dust, and dust we shall return.  This earth mothers everything and everything came from dust.  Once it's time is over it will return to the earth.  We believe however after there is more to not just feel that this life ends with Death.  When I feel the ashes placed on my head I think about how we came from the earth and one day will return.  It is a very powerful day to know that it is not just dust placed on your head but the beginning of a very religious event.  Also that this earth is a very big place and feeling the dust upon my head reminds me that is where I came from, that is where I will end up.  My body that is, as one day we all pass on and our spirit moves on.  How I personally feel there is more and believe there is a greater place where we end up.  Does it have golden gates and robes?  Well I honestly don't know that, but I believe there is more...

     Tonight I hope everyone takes some time to think about the bigger picture and not just about their day or how busy they may feel.  Stop to relax tonight, if you can't get to your religious place take a moment to just close your eyes and be thankful for what we have.  Think about some things you may have to overcome and not be to stressed about them.  As a single Dad I know I have a few... 

Always remember,

You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment