"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday's Tip: When your wife has to write the blog because your sick

                Well it's Kayla again! Chris has been sick with a cold the last couple days so here I am writing his tip! I don't really have a parenting tip but I can give a few pointers when you or a loved one are sick!

                 First thing is, make sure they stay home and get their rest. I know it can be hard to just sit home and be sick but your body is obviously trying to tell you something. Chris is always on the go and can't sit still so I always stress to him that he'll feel better sooner if he takes care of himself now. Some people, like myself, can get sick just from not getting enough sleep and getting run down. When your body doesn't get the sleep it needs and you're constantly on the go, your immune system can get compromised. So sleep and rest are key factors in helping your body fight whatever illness you have. 

                  Second is drink lots of fluids! If you're congested you need to drink a lot of hot tea. I like it with honey but you can put cream, sugar, milk, or nothing at all. The warmth of the liquid opens up the vessels and will help break up any mucus that is in your chest or sinuses. Another good hot liquid is soup! I like the Lipton kind with rings or extra noodles. Yes the classic chicken noodle soup is good too! Make sure you drink a lot of orange juice too for the Vitamin C! 

                   Third tip I have is if you're fighting a sinus infection use a humidifier, especially at night. The humidifier will put moisture in the air that will help you breathe better at night. My mom used to always put a humidifier in my room when I was little and sick. Rubbing Vick's on your chest can help as well. Some people say that if you put Vick's on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on, it will work as well. I haven't tried this as I don't like putting socks on wet or damp feet. 

                    Last but not least is make sure your taking preventative measures to not spread anything. Hand washing is a big one. Wash your hands after you sneeze, cough, blow your nose, etc. Wipe down anything that maybe someone else other than you will be using like the remote control. Make sure you're taking the right medicine. Look and see what your symptoms are and use what you think will work the best. If your cold doesn't get better with OTC medicine, seek professional medical advice. You could have something bacterial which will require an antibiotic to get rid of it.

                     Now, I've been trying to take care of Chris when I get home from work and he does allow me to so that's how I know he really is sick. It's usually me who is sick so to actually take care of him is nice. He is feeling a little better so he'll be back blogging soon! I know there are a lot of things you can do when your sick but these are just a few of the main ones. If anyone has any other pointers that work for them please feel free to share them! 

I hope you enjoyed my post and see you all again soon!

Always remember,
You are never alone...

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment