"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Monday, April 20, 2015

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
 
     I am so honored and excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend and fellow blogger Nikki.  Nikki's blog, Lavender Inspiration is a blog to save in your favorites.  Her blog post range from parenting, life changes and her amazing reviews!  Take some time to check her site out!  Thank you again for the nomination I am very honored!

     If your not aware of the Liebster Award, it is a recognition that is given to bloggers by other bloggers.  I have posted answers to the questions that Nikki gave, as well as my nominations!




 
 
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
 
It really comes from a few things.  My Daughter is one, also the joy of just helping other parents and single parents who are going thought difficult times. 
 
Is your blog a hobby?  What kind of dreams do you have for it?
 
It started off as one, I just wrote down what my daughter and I did with some pictures.  Then I got more into helping others.  I have written almost everyday but have cut back to just when I have things to share.  Honestly for the future I would just like to help out parents and share ideas.  Yes I would love to be larger like some super blogs but I have had strangers tell me how much my blog as helped them and honestly that's all I asked for.  So I am happy.
 
What is your support system like and how are your biggest supporters?
 
My family and friends are my biggest supports how every meeting new bloggers have been such a strong support system because family and friends are always there for you. Haha, but reaching out to people you may not know and sharing post and ideas is what makes you stronger as a writer.  Thank you all! 
 
What are 10 random facts about you?
 
I'm a sucker for romantic movies.
 
I am the biggest Kevin Costner fan.
 
I would like a Tattoo but would never get one.
 
A dream would be a motivational speaker.
 
I still pay video games, and never will stop.
 
I am working on making peace with the anger I had from my divorce.
 
I love Halloween but hate costume parties.
 
I'll take a cold beer on hot day...
 
I always wanted to be in a band, but am musically challenged.
 
My camp deck is one of my favorite places in the world.
 
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
 
I love just getting down memories and writing.  What most however is just helping others, I'll never for get the comment from someone I never met saying my blog and post helped him out and that he was a single dad and my blog helped him.
 
What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with to many task at once?
 
I feel one of my strengths has always been bending under pressure but never breaking.  We all have a breaking point yes but I feel I just buck up and work harder.  Take what task is more important or hardest and work down. 
 
What would you do with a large sum of money given to you?
 
Make sure my family, friends and church were taken care of then work down debt and finally go on a vacation.  I would make sure my future was safe but also donate a lot back to the community.  I've never been wealthy so I wouldn't fit the part.
 
What was one of the most moving books or movies you have ever read or seen? 
 
Schindler's List
 
Where would you like to see yourself in the next couple of years?
 
With Kayla, Quinn and my family and friends.  Just living life and enjoying it...
 
Do you have a Bucket List?  Name 5 things on it.
 
I kind of do. 
 
Meet Kevin Costner: Not done yet.
 
See Garth Brooks in concert: Done and got front row and got to shake his hands!
 
See They Might be Giants in Concert (favorite band): Done and got to be front row and touch their guitar.
 
Visit Alaska: Not Done
 
What is your single best piece of advise for someone starting out in the blogging world?
 
Blog because you want to, not because you feel you need to.  Make sure you stick with it and search out fellow bloggers, we are nice people!
 
 
My 5 nominations are as follow in no particular order along with a brief explanation of their blogs by either them or me. Check them out!
 
Daddies Love their Daughters by  David.  A blog with illustrations on every day life as a dad. A great read.
 
Sleeping should be easy by Nina.  Does this sound familiar: You have no idea what you’re doing with this whole parenting business, you doubt yourself a lot, especially when you hear conflicting advice or admonitions from others around you, and you’re starting to get scared your kids will fall short compared to their peers.
 
The Jenny Evolution by Jennifer.  The Jenny Evolution began as a way to share my difficult experience parenting a high-needs kid, but it quickly expanded beyond my own personal evolution into a full-blown Mom Evolution. The Jenny Evolution is about evolving as a parent and as a person.
 
Select Academic Consulting by Kati:  Select Academic Consulting, LLC is a full-service college advising agency dedicated to the success of its young clients.  We are Ivy-league educated, research based, and fairly priced.  Located in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, we meet with clients locally, and are also available for electronic consults to clients across the nation.  Visit our website and see if we can help make your child's college dreams a reality.

TSotD (The Song of the Day)  By Unanimous.  This site is done by a very close and dear friend of mine.  They prefer to be left unknown so for their privacy I won't give their name.  They put a new song up every day for their readers to enjoy along with holidays, mixes and other features.  TSotD has been around for a long time and is a site/blog but the work put in is amazing.  The music is different daily and is a great way to start your day.  I think every morning should start with a new song. 

As a side note Alisha Nominated Nikki, who then Nominated me.  Check out Alisha's blog My Rainy Day Reads

I hope you enjoyed this post and to all I have Nominated you deserve it!  
 
 
 
 
Attention Nominees: Here are the instructions as they were given to me:

"Nominees it is your turn to answer the questions and award some blogs if you are willing. Answer the above questions in your own blog post and then nominate some of your favorite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers (it can be whatever kind of follower you like - I used blog followers). You can either make up a new list of questions for your nominees or just use the ones I used. Leave a comment on your nominee's blog so that they know that they were nominated! Include a link back to your post so that they know what to do. Participating in awards like this is a great way to build your community in the blog atmosphere and connect with other bloggers."
 
 
I hope everyone gets to see some new blogs and share theirs as well!
 
 
Always remember,
You are never alone...
 
Love,
Christopher
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment