"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Don't let the anger Win.

     Single parents know how hard it can be on the off days where they don't have their kids.  It can be quiet, sad and you can get angry if your ex has them more.  My words to you are don't let it win.  Don't get frustrated, vent to the right sources.  Seek legal help if you want a change, if not or you can't just breath...  I can't tell you how hard it gets especially when your child get's older.  You can always talk to your ex about updating times to work around new schedules, if that doesn't work I know finding things to do is hard but try.  Vent your frustrating at a gym or meditation.  It is extremely frustrating what single parents go through.  The ones that all they want to do is just see their kids but remember why you are there and what you are fighting for...



     So many people have no idea how hard it is, I see my ex at least once a week minimum.  People in this spot don't understand if they don't have kids they never have to see their ex again.  I tell my family and friends.  Imagine seeing an ex that hurt you or that your just angry at every week, and you have to continue to see them for years to come.  You have to see their new big house, talk to their new spouse if see all the things they buy with your money while you worked two jobs.  While you fight to see your child.  Then you will know what we as single parents go through...  It's sad but sometimes people don't understand b/c they don't know anything unless they are going through it.  Friends that don't understand why you can't go on vacation like they do.  Family that doesn't understand why they can't see the child that much, because we don't have them that much!  Sometimes I say if they only knew, I tell my friends what if their ex and them had a child where would they be?  Usually my friends that are girls understand easier.  Guys sometimes just don't get it. lol.

     So I say be strong and just let it go.  Nobody understands where we come from or what we go through except us.  That's why we always should lean on each other.  Help others that need it, if you are stronger then guide and help others that are not there yet.  There is a darkness to being divorced, to being a single parent.  It's up to us to show how much is there... 

     Yes we are angry at our spouse, yes maybe they control the situation but you are in control of your self and only you can prevail.  A divorce will be something that truly never goes away.  You may never fully heal, however you can rebuild.  Take it from me, my ex is beyond controlling.  Getting my daughter any extra time is almost impossible.  As for you I tell you to just love your child when you have them and show them this.  The rest will take care of its self...

Don't let Anger win.  Always show nothing but love, love around your child.  After all, they are merely a casualty of war...

   
Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment