"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday's Tip: Having a plan for the new year.

     So as we start the new year my tip for you all is to be ready!  Try not to let the year get away from you.  Have plans and ideas now, get started on what to do this year and how to spend it!  The year will go by fast!   Some times it's good to say in and rest, but think about ideas you can do with your kids. 

     For the winter go sledding or Ice-skating.  Kids love these activities and they will get out outside.  For my single parents it also gives you the chance to show your kids how exciting you are and how much fun it is.  Take the time to go over your town or community and see what events there are.  Try new ones!  Visit old ones, ask your kids what they would like to do and offer some of your own ideas.  This year I want to go hiking more, get Quinn to more parks she hasn't seen and do some new sports she hasn't tried yet.  I want her to get outside because we don't have much time since its winter now and cold out.  Other great ideas are cooking!  Make a few nights where you cook together.  Cooking is fun and teaches them when they get older how to be independent and not rely on others to prepare food for them. 

     I come from a family that cooks a lot and my family taught my brother and I to cook.  I was very grateful and now love to cook and learn new recipes.  I think Quinn will love to cook, she always shows interest.

     Over the next few months I will try to shoot some great ideas for you and let me know any of yours! I would love to hear what you are up to this year.

So get ready because 2015 is here, like it or not!  So the best thing to do is just get ready and have ideas so your not bored or wondering what to do.


Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment