"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Monday, December 28, 2015

Being a stepmom

Hi everyone! It's Kayla again! I told Chris that I wanted to do one more post before the year closed out and he told me I could post whenever I wanted! I had to think about a topic that I wanted to write about and I've wanted to start a journal on being a stepmom and all the adventures and feelings I go through for a long time but just haven't found time to do so. So I thought I'd just start here and maybe this will inspire me to start my daily writing.

As you all know already, we went home to visit my family this weekend for Christmas. It was so nice to see all of them and all of us together again under one roof. I was so excited because we haven't been home since September. We of course had Quinn and she was very good for most of the weekend. She's coming out of her shell more and more with my family and it's so nice to see. My family just loves her and treats her like a granddaughter. Sometimes when we bring her up north, I forget that she's still young and not going to act perfect. There's times I think I expect too much out of her and I have to remember that she is split between 2 houses with 2 sets of rules. She does pretty well I think for having to deal with all that.

Saturday night, Chris went back upstairs to sit with my brothers and watch the football game with them. I stayed downstairs with Quinn because I was tired and ready for bed. When Chris went upstairs, she asked if she could come up in the bed with me until Daddy came back downstairs (she sleeps on an air mattress when we go up north, she kicks and moves wayyyy too much for her to sleep with us). I told her that was fine. I figured I would stay awake anyway, but she got in bed and laid her head on me and fell right to sleep. It was the best feeling in the world. Sometimes I second guess myself on what I'm doing with Quinn and if I'm being a good stepmom, that moment made everything right in the world. Of course, a few minutes later I fell asleep and she must of moved because the next thing I knew, Chris was back downstairs and moving Quinn to the air mattress. She is very good with me and listens to me for the most part.

I love being a stepmom to Quinn. Yes, there are times I want to scream but those times are few and far between. I love the ready made family and I couldn't ask for a better husband. He always includes me with everything and makes me feel important, especially when it comes to Quinn.

I hope everyone has a great, happy and healthy new year! Maybe I'll see you guys next year!

Always remember,
You're never alone...

Kayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment