"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Friday, December 11, 2015

Deviled Cod with Asparagus

     After the new year I am planning on a new tab!  A cooking tab I have been tossing around for a while now.  My G+ page has a few Collections involving cooking and some of my loves I have for them.  So to start off I wanted to put up a recipe  I got off of a site I have been following for a while now and honored to call them fellow bloggers and friends.  Being a big fan of seafood I wanted to cook this healthy and easy meal and give credit to my fellow bloggers.

     Now my friends at the Lou Lou girls had this over a winter greens.  Kimberley's son Zac brought this to their blog and I share it with you!
    I had a small twist and made it over Asparagus.  Mainly because I forgot to pick up the greens but also to share that changing or altering a recipe is always fun and totally acceptable!





Ingredients:

1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons of chopped Parsley
2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise 
1 Tablespoon Mustard. Dijon or Honey works best
1/4 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
4-6 Oz skinless Pacific Cod, Fresh or Frozen
1 Small bundle of fresh Asparagus
Pinch of salt
Olive Oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

Asparagus:
Place the Asparagus on a tray and drizzle with olive oil back and fourth.  Don't coat each one fully but make sure you all have a bit on them .  Then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over and put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes depending how well done you like your Asparagus. 

Cod:
In a bowl mix your mayonnaise, mustard and garlic powder in a bowl.
Season the cod on both sides with salt and brush the of the cod with the mayonnaise mix
Press the fish on the Panko breadcrumbs, repeat on all sides. 
Coat a cooking sheet with a bit of olive.
Place the Cod on a sheet and place in the oven.
Set to Broil and cook until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.

Watch carefully when the Panko breadcrumbs brown and about 5-7 minutes take out.  Take our the asparagus and place on a plate, lay the Code over and garnish with lemon and serve.  

Please feel free to add any other seasonings or spices to your mix and always remember cooking is fun so have fun doing it!  This makes a great quick and easy dinner!  If your family loves fish or is just starting to get into eating fish this meal is perfect!  It is also healthy and a light meal to eat.

Thank you Lou Lou Girls for the Recipe I have changed it a bit from what they posted but for their version please check out their great site! Their dish is a bit different but I altered it per what I like and you can to!
Lou Lou Girls site!


Cooking Should be fun, so have fun doing it!

Chef
Christopher 





No comments:

Post a Comment